Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Hey everyone! Hope y'all are having an amazing weekend like I am. My parents were supposed to come up yesterday and stay the night with us. That ending up not working out though, so I was a little bummed. BUT the weekend turned out just great! Even better, I still have today to enjoy with my man :)

I think we have found a house downtown to rent! I wrote earlier about looking for apartments last weekend, and how confusing it made us. We decided that we weren't really thrilled with any of the apartments or their high prices, so we decided to check out houses for rent. I'm sure glad we did! The house we looked at yesterday is just PERFECT and we feel in love with it instantly! It's convenient to all sorts of neat restaurants, cafes, and shops. It's super cute AND allows pets, so we might just be getting a dog as well. I would REALLY like a puppy to keep me company while Matt is out of town, and there is even a huge fenced-in backyard for the dog to play in!

We plan on talking to the landlord today, and hopefully we will be able to get the house. Only problem is the people living in the house right now will be moving out in the middle of February, and we weren't looking to move until mid-March when our current lease is up. I'm really hoping we can work something out in order to hold the property for us. Everyone keep your fingers crossed! I'll be sure to keep y'all updated.


After looking at the house yesterday, Matt and I spent the day at the movies. We saw two movies back to back- No Strings Attached & The Green Hornet. I just LOVE having a movie marathon. It's so exciting! No Strings Attached was pretty dang funny. I recommend everyone seeing it, but don't take your children ;) haha
The Green Hornet... ehhh, what can I say? It was a bit lame but funny at times. The best part about this movie was that it was in 3D. This was my first experience of a 3D movie in a regular theater... I've been to an IMAX theater, but that's about it. As for the movie, I wouldn't waste my money. Just wait and watch it when it's in Redbox.

 i-phone pics of us looking cool in our 3-D shades
 

I'm off to finish meal planning for next week and making my grocery list. Hoping the man wakes up soon... We stayed up much later than usual playing Mario on the Wii. Never realized how addicting games like that can be haha =)

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see No Strings Attached. We just never ever go to the movies...I always like watching them when they make it to the Redbox though! You guys are super cute..and your lovie is such a little prep! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I really hope you guys are able to get the house. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
    And I want to see "No Strongs Attached" so badly. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to see it too. and back to back movies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the apartment!

    No Strings Attached looks funny!

    I'm loving your background too...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have to love movie marathons--the hubby and I have done them a few times and they're just the best. loved the pics of you guys in the glasses...hilarious! lots of prayers for this apartment/house sitch! have a great night! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, good luck! I really hope that y'all get the house!! It sounds perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh love mario! I havent played my mario party game in forever... I should revisit the maddness that is our wii =)

    Thanks for the scoop on the movies! and omg best of luck with the house!!! fingers crossed!

    xoxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute iPhone pictures!! I love movie days too :) They're super relaxing. Yay for being a little closer to finding a new place to live!

    Talk to the landlord about moving in. Once the current renters move out, the landlord will have to have the place cleaned and "move-in ready" for you guys. It might take a couple of weeks until you're ready to leave your current place and move. Take that time to pack and get everything ready to move. So excited for y'all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen both of those movies, and I'm with you on everything! No Strings attached is so funny. Loved every second of it!!
    Love the pictures in the glasses...too cute (:

    ReplyDelete