Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Gifts




Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a fantastic day. Classes started back for me today, so I have been trying to get back into the swing of things all morning. So far, it seems like it is going to be a pretty easy semester, and my classes actually seem interesting this time! =) The hardest part for me will be making myself actually read my textbooks rather than fun books. I have recently began reading The Help, and I am hooked! It is such an amazing book.. the best one I have read in a while. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do!!

Also, I hear this novel is being made into a movie. I can't wait to see it!

I wanted to share with you the gifts that Matt and I gave some of our family this year for Christmas. I never have been very good at picking out original gifts for people, but this year I think we did a pretty good job. We wanted to give our family something that they would truly love and keep forever. Our parents are always asking for photos of us to put around the house, so we thought that would be the perfect gift.

A sorority sister of mine Shelby took some pictures of Matt and I the week before Christmas. She did such a wonderful job! She is very talented, and I cannot wait to see even more of her work in the future. You can view her portifolio here.

We chose three different photos to give to our family, and our parents received two photos each. My grandparents were also given a photo. 


We gave Matt's mom, stepmom, and dad this picture.


Everyone received a copy of this one.


My mother received a copy of this one as well. It was her favorite!


Matt's stepmom Suzanne was so proud of this picture! I have to say Matt looks quite handsome in this photo.


My Nana =)

Our photographer Shelby will be sending us more of the photos pretty soon. I'm so excited to see the rest of them! I will be sure to share them with y'all :)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!! I especially love the second one with the brick wall! Simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Love the photos and The Help is a good book, I've heard. My mom loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katelyn, congrats on your upcoming marriage! I would be happy to send you the vows, do you have an email address so I can write it all out and send them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous pictures! What a sweet gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gift!

    Come by and enter my giveaway for a 5-pack of Softlips lip balm if you like:
    just click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Engagement photos are so much fun! <3 The ones you posted are fabulous -- can't wait to see the rest! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your fiance are ADORABLE together!!!!! love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete