Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This Calls for a Celebration

I GOT A JOB!!!

Yep, I'm going to be a nanny for 3 wonderful children :)


For those of you who don't know, I am currently finishing my last semester of college by taking online courses. All I had left were elective credits to get, so the classes I'm taking are fairly easy and not very time consuming. This has left me with uber amounts of free time and lots of boredom! After realizing how much free time I had, I decided I needed to get a part-time job. Plus, it would be nice to have some extra cash! Matt loved the idea ;)

Over the past few weeks, I interviewed with a wonderful family with three cute children. They interviewed others as well & had it down to me and other girl. BUT last night I found out I got the job!

I could not be more excited about this! It's the perfect part-time job. No minimum wage, no crazy hours, no working weekends. Much better than say working retail. I'll be working 12-5, five days a week. 

The children are absolutely adorable! They are 4, 6, and 8. The two youngest are girls and the oldest a boy. I look forward to spending time with them and forming a relationship with them!

I'm sure with time I will have lots of funny stories to share with y'all & I will probably be asking for your advice. Heck, if you got any tips now I would love to hear! Especially ideas for craft projects! I love hearing y'alls thoughts and opinions :) Thanks so much for being so supportive and sweet to me! I really do appreciate the kind words, especially the other day when I told y'all about the rental house. Hope everyone is having an amazing Tuesday!! 


8 comments:

  1. I was a nanny in college to 4 kids. Pretty easy gig but odd sometimes to feel like the "hired help"...at least in my situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear friend! You're going to love spending time with them. <3<3 And the extra income is always a plus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOO HOO! Congrats! That is awesome news - and definitely something to celebrate! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I babysat a lot in college! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I know you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Congrats on your job! I like nannying...it's a great way to form a little bond with some sweet little nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That's really awesome! My sister is looking for a job as a nanny and isn't having much luck, so that is fabulous you found such a great position!

    ReplyDelete