Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ice Road Trucker

Yesterday Matt and I tried to make it from my parents' home in Alabama back to our apartment in South Carolina. Well let me just tell you, things did not go as planned! We spent over 5 hours in Matt's truck and never made it to South Carolina. My parents live about an hour from Atlanta, and we never even made it to Atlanta! The roads were in terrible condition to say the least. At one point an 18-wheeler right beside us got stuck in the middle of the road and could not move. Right before we got to Atlanta, the police made everyone get off an exit and shut down the interstate heading east. We then had to turn around, get back on the interstate, and head back to Alabama. On our way back, we had to sit in traffic again! It was a terrible experience. Luckily my mother had packed us a snack bag, so at least we had something to snack on while we were on the road :)





We are going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully we will be more successful then and make it past Atlanta this time. Poor Matt is having to miss work and use up his vacation days. He is not happy about this! Well I'm off to work on my class stuff. Thanks to everyone for all of the sweet comments, and I'm so excited to see have even more followers :) Everyone have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm so glad that ya'll are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! :( I am so sorry! I hate seeing things like this; maybe I'm just way too sympathetic, but any time I see traffic like that, my heart breaks for whoever is sitting in it!!!
    I'm glad y'all are safe, though, and weren't like the vehicle in the ditch- scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This looks HORRIBLE!!! I would absolutely DIE in that kind of traffic!!! Good luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! What a nightmare! I hope you get out safely tomorrow, doll! (:

    ReplyDelete