Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Out with the Old

I spent yesterday and Sunday night cleaning out our closet and dressers. Let me just say, this was much needed. Our closet and drawers were over-flowing with clothes, shoes, hats, etc. & I haven't even brought my summer clothes up here yet. I left them at my parents' home back in Alabama. Something had to be done about the excessive amount of clothing, so I started sorting through all of it.

Sunday, the fiance woke up from a nap to me asking which of his clothes we could get rid of. haha. I had made several piles of things that he never wears & he allowed me to get rid of most it =) That guy has more khaki shorts than anyone I know. I got rid of about 6 pairs, and he still has a whole drawer full of khaki shorts. I think he has a slight obsession!

I also went through my things. I found lots of tops that I have been holding onto for quite some time but just never wear. I took some of the clothing that were still in good shape to Plato's Closet and the rest went to GoodWill. I got about $75 from Plato's Closet which wasn't as much as I got the last time I took things there, but hey it's better than nothing. AND our closet/dressers look a million times better! Now there's room  for my summer clothes!

These are things that went to GoodWill

Matt's things that I took to Plato's Closet

My things that went to Plato's Closet

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE cleaning out our closets. I think it's so fun and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how that goes! My hubby is the worst about t-shirts! He has SO many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Katelyn! I love cleaning like this! It feels flipping fantastic! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring cleaning in January - I like it!! :) And to top it off by getting a few extra $$ from Plato's Closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i loved that he woke you up to ask what clothes of his you could ditch! thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to do that! I do the same thing...hold on to shirts! I always think, "I might would wear that if..." Haha! At least you got some money for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been cleaning out my closets, too. It feels so much better once you get rid of some of the extra stuff you never wear!

    ReplyDelete