Monday, January 24, 2011

Kiss the Cook


Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! Mine has been off to a great start :) I thought I would share with y'all what we are having for dinner tonight. I fixed chicken & dumplings and they turned out to be delicious. Here's the recipe :)

Chicken & Dumplings


What You Will Need:
1 can chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can of chicken (like Swanson's)
1 can of water
1/2 box of dumplings (I prefer McLib's)

These are the kind of dumplings I like to use

Directions:
Empty 1 can of chicken broth, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, and 1 can of water in a large cooking pot. (I also add a tablespoon of butter, but this is not necessary) Bring this to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Drain chicken and chop into smaller pieces. Add chicken to pot. Then add dumplings one by one, so they do not stick together. Let this cook on a low boil for 6-7 minutes. Stir occassionally. Add salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!


Matt in his Auburn cooking apron he got for Christmas. He was in the process of cooking us some okra for supper last night!

I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to watch the Bachelor & Pretty Little Liars tonight! Thank God for DVR so I'm able to watch both :) Have a great night everyone!



7 comments:

  1. I've never had dumplings before, but I've always wanted to try making them..this looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching the Bachelor RIGHT now! :) You and your hubby are DARLING! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love chicken and dumplings :)

    I watched Pretty Little Liars last night...I just love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to dig around on the interwebs to find all my monday shows that I missed! I want to start watching PLL but am scared of the incessant taunting that my hubs will do! haha.

    xoxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! That sounds delicious!! Looks like a fun night at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, what did I tell you about taking pictures inside?! ;) That chicken and dumplings looks delicious!!

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are so cute and i love the southern foods you're cooking up! my hubby and i love to cook together!

    also- war eagle! lovin the apron!

    ReplyDelete