Monday, January 10, 2011

the weather outside is frightful...

The weatherman was right about the snow! It started snowing last night around 6 and lasted until about 10. I have never in my life seen the snow come down soo hard, and the snowflakes were huge!! I suppose I did see this during the blizzard of '93, but I was too young to remember ;) We got about four inches of snow, and today the snow has become solid ice. Definitely can't build a snowman with this stuff!


This is a picture of my parent's home that I took on Christmas day. I haven't gotten outside with my camera yet today, but we DEFINITELY got way more snow this go around. This Alabama weather has been crazier than normal!

My family and I have been lounging around the house all day, enjoying each other's company. We have cooked, watched movies, and played the Wii. Now we are all just waiting for the National Championship game later tonight. I can't wait! I am so pumped to watch Auburn beat Oregon!!

I will be watching the game at a friend's who lives one street over. Luckily, they have a huge truck that they are going to come pick me up in =) My poor little mercedes just wouldn't make it up the big hill on our street. Well hope I everyone is enjoying their day!!

WAR EAGLE

5 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh we have GIANT snowflakes here too! I'm in south-east NC and its just so crazy how our entire town shuts down b/c of snow -- they don't know how to drive in it! (I don't either! haha)

    Stay safe and warm <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that picture :) Stay safe and warm over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture!! I wish we were getting some snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we watched the game last night too...only, we wanted oregan :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your blog! my roommate's boyfriend goes to Auburn & i've been up to visit quite a few timesm i love it up there. congrats on your engagement and can't wait to read about all the excicting things going on in your life :)

    War Eagle! :)

    ReplyDelete